Cowboy tradesman left deadly gas leak in Scots home after fitting botched boiler

A rogue gas engineer botched a boiler installation so badly that a woman was left with a deadly leak in her home.

Safety officials condemned Kim Burns’s heating system after Matthew Henvey wrongly installed it and failed to fix it more than 15 times – including once with a hairdryer.




The classroom assistant then discovered the tradesman, who runs Glasgow Gas Services, wasn’t qualified to install the boiler at her home in Larkhall.

Kim, 32, said: “I could have died because of this man’s work, yet nobody seems to care. I’m terrified that he is still working on other people’s boilers and he could be leaving them at risk. He needs to be stopped.”

Glasgow Gas Services was ordered by safety ­watchdogs to get it fixed by a qualified engineer but ignored their warnings.

Matthew Henvey of Glasgow Gas Services.

Kim’s been left with no heating or hot water for seven months because she can’t afford a new boiler.

She said: “He tried to fix the leak but it kept coming back. Once, he tried to dry it out using a hairdryer and nearly set the hairdryer on fire.

“I contacted Vokera [the manufacturer] to look at it and they said it wasn’t installed properly and it was a danger.

Source link

Cowboy tradesman left deadly gas leak in Scots home after fitting botched boiler #Cowboy #tradesman #left #deadly #gas #leak #Scots #home #fitting #botched #boiler

Source link Google News

Source Link: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/cowboy-tradesman-left-deadly-gas-33184895.amp

Cowboy tradesman left deadly gas leak in Scots home after fitting botched boiler:

A rogue gas engineer botched a boiler installation so badly that a woman was left with a deadly lea…

Author: BLOGGER